Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Packing!

I've packed and I'm ready to go!  Mostly.  Anyway, I'm posting this because it's fun to post and because I need to figure out how pictures work.  Turns out I can't actually embed images in text when I post from e-mail (something I learned through about an hour of trial-and-error), which is the only reliable way for me to post in China.  Instead, I have to just attach images and refer to them via numerical ordered citation.  So, I will be doing that in this post, and all posts involving pictures to come.

1)Hey!  Look!  It's me!  Looking very excited!  Why am I so excited? I just bought a bunch of stuff and put in bags so that when I show up in China I won't be utterly destitute like the impoverished college student I am!  Hooray


2)First and most import is my carry-on suitcase!  Why so important?  Because THIS bag, I can be sure, will arrive with me at my intended destination!  As such, in contains all the necessities; a journal, a little memo book, a first-aid kit containing plenty of antacid and pepto-bismol for the explosive diarrhea I have been assured I will contract,  two t-shirts, a long-sleeved t-shirt, two flannel shirts, one semi-formal shirt, one pair of jeans, six pairs of socks (because socks get dirty) my toiletries, a little bathroom bag thing, a pair of flip-flops, and eight pairs of underwear, in case the pepto-bismol just isn't enough.


3)Next up is my regular ol' suitcase.  This guy holds my school supplies, an extra razor, the perfect number of sticky-notes (tons), rubber bands in case I need to deliver newspapers, two pairs of shorts (one waterproof), two pairs of jeans, one pair of corduroy pants, another flannel shirt, another long-sleeved t-shirt, two more regular t-shirts, a belt, my dress(ier) shoes, a towel that has been magically compacted into an impossibly small size, and a bag full of shampoo and deodorant.  It will also contain my dress clothes, but those are in one of those bags that is supposed to prevent wrinkles but never works.

 
4)Finally this is my backpack.  It is sad right now because it is empty.  When I actually get on the plane this will contain my books for the plane, my laptop, and my laptop accessories.  So, if you want to steal something valuable from me while simultaneously leaving me quite bored for a 14 hour flight and you're following this blog, STEAL THIS. 


5)Here is a picture of all the "light reading" I'll be taking to China.  You might think this is a bit much, but I read quickly, probably faster than most kindergarten graduates at least.  I'm also bringing copies of Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching and The Analects of Confucius, because I am going to China and those are books that are important to China.


6)Here you can see a pile of Ursula K. LeGuin books that I am bringing for Hannah to read on the plane.  I loaned her A Wizard of Earthsea and The Tombs of Atuan and she's been hooked!  Because Ursula K. LeGuin is like literary heroin.



Well, that's everything.  All the stuff I'm taking.  Well, not all of it, but most of it.  All of it that I care to mention, anyway.  Wish me luck in China!  I leave on Monday, but first, up to Spokane for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with my ex-hall mates/future-house mates! (Riley and I are gonna make brinner and it's gonna be awesome).

1 comment:

  1. You got ALL THAT in your carry on? Wow, I am impressed! Please teach Hannah ;0)

    ReplyDelete