Sunday, August 7, 2011

Purpose Statement

I've started this blog for three reasons.  First, I am an aspiring author, and aspiring authors must have blogs; it's one of the rules of the internet, I'm told. Second, I've wanted to try blogging for a while and have started a few for kicks and giggles in the past, but have never really taken it seriously and never kept it up for long.  Second, I'll be in Beijing China on a study abroad trip for the next four months, and while the program I'm traveling with has its own blog at http://whitworthchinaprogram.blogspot.com/, I thought I'd like one of my own to keep in more direct contact with people back home.  Because I'll be posting through e-mail I'm not sure how I'll be able to respond to comments and things, but I'll try.  I think I'll make a post later about all the stuff I'm taking to China, but aside from that this will be the only post I make until I'm actually in Beijing.  Wish me luck, success, and good grades!

No comments:

Post a Comment